- PDF Version
(1) Is the sample material hazardous?
What precautions should be taken?
(2) What is the average size of the particle?
(3) Range of particle size?
(4) Do the particles have consistent characteristics (shape, size, color, etc.) ?
(5) Are the particles abrasive or do the particles cling to each other and the container?
(7) What type of repeatability do you presently have?
(8) Please enclose a typical data set or readout for each of the samples you have sent us. It is imperative that the actual data for the samples submitted is provided to us. If you have graphs, please email them (email@example.com) or fax them to (716) 625-4228 (US).
(9) Desired output from the CANTY system?
(a) Particle Size Distribution
(b) Area (where applicable)
(c) Width (where applicable)
(e) Aspect Ratio (where applicable)
(f) Mean Size
(i) Color Analysis
Please provide information on the colors you need identified and what you require for each color. (Particle size distribution, Difference in color from standard, etc.)
(j) Black Speck Detection
Please provide information on what constitutes an "undesirable" characteristic in your sample and how much/how concentrated this characteristic needs to be in order to trigger a detection in your present analysis technique. It is essential that you provide us with a sample that has recognizable "clean" portions as well as an identified example of the undesirable characteristic. Send two separate samples if necessary.
(k) Other - Please Explain:
(10) What is the goal of your product analysis? What level of inspection do you need? Is a random sampling that provides reflectuve data about the product sufficient?
(11) What type of reproducibility do you require?
(12) How are particles currently being moved through process? (open conveyor, closed pipe air transport, liquid suspension, etc.) ?
(13) Are you interested in...
(14) How often do you need the data updated (seconds, minutes, hours) ?
(15) What type of output do you require (Graph, QC Data Archive, System Control Parameter, etc.) ?
(16) What type of flow rate do you desire at the inspection point (lbs/time, liters/time, pieces/time, etc.) ?
(17) Are there any portions of the sample that are relatively unimportant and could be ignored to increase the effectiveness in analyzing characteristics critical to your process as well as rate of analysis (eg. Fines may be present, but insignificant to analysis) ?