SOLID PARTICLE SIZE ANALYZERS
The Canty SolidSizer unit is a versatile tool for lab environments to determine particle size and shape, thereby eliminating the need for sieving. The system also has multiple configurations that allow color analysis and defect detection, as well as a tilting stage for flat particle analysis. The modular design allows for easy assembly of different configurations depending upon product type and/or analysis desired. The tilt stage feature is similar to the technology patented in the Canty RockSizer and is especially effective for analyzing flat, stone-like particles. The stage is designed for both back and front lighting use.
- Particle distribution by major, minor diameter, area, perimeter
- Correlates to sieves
- Real time particle size analysis
- Excel data format available
You may also like…
LAB – SOLIDSIZER
- Correlates to sieve results within 2%
- 2D particle analysis
- 2 min analysis – non destructive
Related ASTM Standards:
- D8200 – Standard Practice for Creating a Correlation to Compare Particle Size Distribution Results of Proppants by Dynamic Imaging Analysis and Sieves. (D18.26)
- D8392 – Standard Practice for Calibration and Verification of Direct Imaging Analyzers Used for Particle Size and Shape Analysis of Catalytic Materials (D32.02)
- E2589 – Terminology Relating to Non-Sieving Methods of Powder Characterization. (E29.02)
Related ISO Standards:
- 9276-6 Representation of results of particle size analysis – Part 6: Descriptive and quantitative representation of particle shape and morphology.
Canty participates in the referenced ASTM subcommittees (D18.26, D32.02 and E29.02) in order to develop useful standards for imaging analyzers. Although the referenced standards are often particular to a type of particle, they can be generalized for use with many types of particles.
ISO9276-6 is widely used to describe shape parameters and provide corresponding formulae for calculation of values.