MILLING & BLENDING
CANTY provides an at line real time slurry particle sizing system to determine the PSD and shape characteristics along with concentration of the mining slurry. CANTY’s range of image based particle analysis systems provide true size and shape characterization, with each particle measured under 13 size and shape parameters. This dynamic vision based method replaces and correlates to screen analysis along with giving the operator an unparalleled insight into the process.
You may also like…
LAB – SOLIDSIZER
- Correlates to sieve results within 2%
- 2D particle analysis
- 2 min analysis – non destructive
Related ASTM Standards:
- D8200 – Standard Practice for Creating a Correlation to Compare Particle Size Distribution Results of Proppants by Dynamic Imaging Analysis and Sieves. (D18.26)
- D8392 – Standard Practice for Calibration and Verification of Direct Imaging Analyzers Used for Particle Size and Shape Analysis of Catalytic Materials (D32.02)
- E2589 – Terminology Relating to Non-Sieving Methods of Powder Characterization. (E29.02)
Related ISO Standards:
- 9276-6 Representation of results of particle size analysis – Part 6: Descriptive and quantitative representation of particle shape and morphology.
Canty participates in the referenced ASTM subcommittees (D18.26, D32.02 and E29.02) in order to develop useful standards for imaging analyzers. Although the referenced standards are often particular to a type of particle, they can be generalized for use with many types of particles.
ISO9276-6 is widely used to describe shape parameters and provide corresponding formulae for calculation of values.